Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stargate SG1

Well, I haven’t exactly been in a blogging type mood lately. Actually, that’s not quite right. It isn’t so much that I haven’t been in the mood, as that I’ve been in more of a mood to watch Stargate. R got me hooked on this series, so I blame him.

It all began when he had me watch a few episodes of Stargate Atlantis. I really got into it and wanted to watch more, however, there were many references made to the original series (Stargate SG1) that I could never get because I hadn’t watched the show. On a side note, years ago I do remember seeing an episode or two…but I digress.

Anyway, we went backward in time and got the original Stargate SG1 series and began watching it from the 1st season. Now, I’m on season 9 and I can’t seem to stop watching. I need to know. I need to have all of my questions answered. It feels as if it’s so close now. I understand a lot about the ancients and why some humans have their genes. I get the whole Gu’ald thing; which by the way I can’t believe escaped me while watching Atlantis…jeez.

Ok, so that’s why I haven’t been writing so much. I’m pounding my way through all 10 Stargate seasons. I’m so close…. I feel as though I have almost ascended, my brain is at about 70% (if you haven’t watched Stargate then that last remark is most certainly lost on you).

If you haven’t watched it and you’re at all into SciFi then I would say without a doubt that you need to check it out. I wouldn’t call myself the biggest SciFi geek out there (although I do know enough to classify myself as more of a Trekki, rather than a Star Wars type) don’t even get me started there. I really do like both, but Captain Kirk will always have this little girl’s heart. I do believe he was my first love.

All that said, I’m going to continue down my path to enlightenment now. I really must know how the Ori will be defeated. I know they will be stopped somehow because, hello, watched Stargate Atlantis and well, I couldn’t have done that if the Ori had taken over the Galaxy, right? After season 10 is over I do plan to return to the battle against the Wraith in the Pegasus galaxy and see how Atlantis is fairing; until then my friends, be well. I’ll try to keep my writing fairly steady, but it can be so very hard when one is captured in the off world goodness of the trials facing SG1 and the fate of the earth.

1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

Hi, saw your invite on MyBlogLog and just popped over here to see what else you're about. :-) Turns out my husband is a TRUE Stargate fan. I read this post to him and he told ME to tell YOU that you have a huge surprise waiting for you at the end of Season 10.
Well, I see the date of this post now and he said that if you're the kind of fan that he is, you couldn't possibly have not found out by now.
Also, thanks for the invite, but due to time constraints, I spend very little time on MBL, wouldn't want you to waste your time. You're a busy woman!
You do know that Stargate Atlantis Season 4 is coming out in July?